What is Grey Power ?
Grey Power Federation was founded in February 1986 as a voluntary organisation. Those involved in the early days were angry at the imposition of the surcharge on New Zealand Superannuation. Originally formed as the Auckland Superannuitants Association, Grey Power has grown nationally and gone from strength to strength.
Aims and Objectives
1. To advance, support and protect the welfare and well being of older people.
2. To affirm and protect that statutory right of every New Zealand resident, to a sufficient New Zealand Superannuation entitlement.
3. To strive for a provision of quality Health Care to all New Zealand residents regardless of income and location.
4. To oppose all discriminatory and disadvantageous legislation affecting rights, security and dignity.
5. To be non aligned with any political party, and to present a strong united lobby to all Parliament and statutory Bodies on matters affecting New Zealanders.
6. To promote and establish links with kindred organizations.
7. To promote recognition of the wide-ranging services provided by senior citizens of New Zealand.
8. To gain recognition as an appropriate voice for all older New Zealanders.
Grey Power Morrinsville
Grey Power Morrinsville Inc. was incorporated in 2001 formerly the Morrinsville Superannuitants Association and has been serving our older residents since then as part of the Grey Power Federation Inc. Many good people have served on the committee since that date and have helped to achieve the gains we enjoy today.
Our 2019 meetings are on
25th. February 2019
25th. March 2019
29th. April 2019
27th May 2019 our AGM meeting
24th. June 2019
22nd. July 2019
26th. August 2019
23rd. September 2019
21st. October 2019
25th November 2019
We meet at the Senior Citizens Lounge (Rotary Centre) 45 Canada Street on the fourth Monday of the month at 1.30pm, except for holiday weekend when it will be the Monday previous. Check the newspaper to confirm these dates and see who our guest speaker is. .
President: Mike Gribble 07-8895472 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President Ron Tuck
Secretary: Valerie Rodda 07-280 5499 email@example.com
Treasurer: Joy Whittington
31 Rushton Road